Monument of Victory of Sikhs on Delhi in Golden Temple Complex Amritsar
Farsighted leader, valiant warrior Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramgarhia got the Ramgarhia Bunga constructed in the year 1755. Ramgarhia Bunga stood apart from the contemporary buildings due to its architecture, layout, construction marble work and the fresco designs. The Bunga got constructed by S. Jassa Singh Ramgarhia houses Diwan-e Khas accommodating royal seat and the roof of the hall is supported by 44 stones pillars representing a fine work of sikh school of architecture and stone masonry. The royal seat is placed at a level much below the level of Harmandar Sahib, Which testifies the faith and respect, the ruler had in the Guru, his technical skills, his planning & acumen for construction etc. Prison is located underneath the royal seat and the treasury opposite to the same. Proper provision has been made to accommodate official, ministers and generals. A well is also located in the Bunga and arrangements for proper ventilation are also available. Two 156ft. high minarets have also been constructed to ensure due surveillance in and around Sri Darbar Sahib.
In the year 1783, when S. Jassa Singh Ramgarhia along with his other companions, S. Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, S. Baghel Singh and other conquered the Red Fort the coronation marble slab of the Mughal Throne, while sitting upon which emperor Aurangzeb passed edicts for conversion of Hindus, Charges were framed against, Bhai Mani Singh Bhai Matti Das and the Ninth Master, Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib and Sentences were pronounced, was removed by S. Jassa Singh Ramgarhia and brought to Amritsar duly chained and tied with ropes as a prisoner, a war trophy and presented before the Guru, in the court of Guru Ram Dass Sahib and Guru Hargobind Sahib. This slab is 6ft. 3 inch long 4 ft. 6 inch broad and 9 inch thick and is available duly caged on the first floor of the Bunga. (This slab can be seen, passage from the Langer Side)
The Minarets were damaged in 1905 during the earth quake and also during action Blue Star in 1984 were got repaired by S. Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Federation Amritsar in 1995-96 with the active cooperation of S.G.P.C. and honour and prestige of the Panth was restored.